Wayne - Thanks for the clarification. I expected it was a rule change. I do believe it should be the old way. It was certainly deserved to see the two listed at 333 but under the old scheme there would be a few more recognized. It's of no consequence to me as I don't chase RTTY.

As you point out: "Note that the "old way" takes care of the situation where something is added to the list before it is activated."

Yes! Had the new rule been in place when P5 was added to the list but not activated, instantly NO ONE would have been at the Top of any HR and that would have been silly!

I can attest to the fact that gaps did move the low end down in the early years of the CW award. The HR was the top ten populated numbers, not simply 9 down from the top number. I recall being one away from making the CW HR if a gap remained but someone filled it so I had to wait a bit longer! I was rather disappointed at the time, to say the least!

73, Steve WB6RSE