I have always heard that MFSK16 utilized the default sideband for the band
used, such as USB in 20 and LSB on 40, etc. Last night, I was told that
MFSK, Hellschreiber and SSTV are always used on USB. Well, tonight on 40, I
found one MFSK QSO on upper and another on lower sideband.

Which sideband should I look for when using MFSK, Hellschreiber and SSTV on
40 and below?

I have had a lot of trouble tuning in Hellschreiber and MFSK and hate to
think it was because I am on the wrong sideband......

Thanks in advance

Tom

N4TJ