I received quite a few responses to my inquiry about successful QSL routes to Hiroo, XW0X. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to respond. I hope I answered all of you individually.
The general consensus is that Hiroo is reachable via his QRZ.com email address and that by following his instructions explicitly (plain envelope, security SASE, IRCs only) people have gotten his QSL. One respondent reported receipt of a QSL as recently as this past April.
Once again, the great members of this reflector came through! You are what ham radio is all about.

                                                   73 es DX to all

                                                       Mike Mattes W2LO