From an old dedicated CW operator......licensed since 1937 and was a high
speed CW operator at WAR 41/42...
Computer generated CW has allowed many operators with problems or handicaps to produce perfect CW. Yes, to answer your question, it is valid for CW DXCC. There are no restrictions on how you copy...with a pencil, on a mill or via a code reader.

73   Norm   K1AA

----- Original Message ----- From: "WC7N" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jerry K3BZ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "(Reflector) DX-CHAT" <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2005 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] Fw: [dx-list] SV2ASP/A

Well Jerry I think I qualify as a serious CW operator , Honor Roll CW and all with my Bencher or vibroplex speed key. I believe no matter how the signal is generated, computer, key, etc, what goes out over the air is a CW signal composed of dots and dashes. What you hear is a CW signal and how you copy it or generate the CW signal, I do not believe is addressed in the DXCC regs.

I hear some SSB ops actually use a recording device to transmit their call and actually record the incoming signal. But I guess your theory is that it really isn't true SSB operations.

Rod WC7N
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry K3BZ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>