Ron Notarius wrote:

hold that thought a second.  The FCC is trying to water the Amateur Service
down to nothing.  The Armed Forces top brass seem to keep hacking away at
MARS.  And the F&WS Service already considers us petty and bothersome
because we appear to serve no useful purpose.  Do I sense a trend here?

73

And on the same day, the ARRL adopts it's "modified" regulation by bandwidth proposal. Maybe between the two of them they plan to kill off Amateur Radio, auction off the spectrum and split the profit?

Cynical, yes, but that's how I'm feeling right now.

73 de Larry W2LJ