I noticed this with KH9/W0CN yesterday too.  I caught him on SSB yesterday
afternoon and pointed out that he had big signals on 40 to the USA during
our SR but was working JAs at that time.  I asked if he would listen for
us, but was kind of disappointed in his answer.

I guess we'll just have to deal with it and hope to break the walls that
be.

73 & GL.
Kelly - N0VD

KH9/W0CN was coming through on 40 here also, abt 549. If he had made an
effort, it would be possible to work him.
Unfortunately, he kept working JAs !

Perhaps it is something wrong with me, but I would think he can work JAs 24
hours a day, but Europe only for abt 1 hour !
My conclusion is that quanty has priority. Not looking for the challenge of
working through the Auroral zone.

73

Rag LA5HE