Who is using, or has used an inverted L on 160 meters? For sometime I have been using a shunt fed tower with a significant top hat(a full size 2 element 30 mtr yagi). However, it is still a vertical, and at this location ground conductivity is average, and there is little room for an effective radial system. EZ-Nec indicates that I can get a fair amount of ground gain at a reasonable radiation angle. It does appear that the radiation resistance is down around 5 ohms, but I can probably overcome that with a matching network at the feed. I would appreciate your inputs on the inverted L.

73,
Mike, W5UC