From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Ron Notarius WN3VAW
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2006 16:15
To: john; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; dx-chat@njdxa.org
Subject: RE: [DX-CHAT] KG44WW

Yeah, I went and looked up all the spots for KG4... some are spotting him
with one "4", some with 2.

This is interesting.  Assuming for the moment that he IS operating from
Guantanamo Bay, one wonders if he (KG4WW?) got permission from whomever it
is on the base that issues calls to add the extra 4.  However, this does
bring up an interesting legal questions, since only KG4 2x2 calls are
allocated by the FCC to the US Military for Guantanamo.

And a US prefixed call like this is not normally allocated to the US Amateur
Service (and yes, I know there've been some exceptions over the years, such
as some of the calls out around the '84 Olympics... I'm not talking about
those).  I seem to remember seeing calls of this nature allocated to
aircraft and TV transmitter translaters and transponders and such.

All I can say is... WFWL, and if this character is legit, he's going to have
some explaining to do after the contest!

73