VU4AN/VU3CHE was 5/0 on 17 meter SSB today
at 1150 EST in SE Va. He was workable by the numbers but spent very short time on any number and the "window" closed at 1240 EST. I didn't get through today but will hang in there. 73 & Gud DX to all, Russ W4UBC ----- Original Message ----- From: "WC7N" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "DX-CHAT" <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 4:36 PM
Subject: [DX-CHAT] [DX chat] VU4AN/

Was just looking at the great circle for Andaman Island and it really looks tough from anywhere in the U.S.

I guess my QTH is just about as good as it can get from the US but even then the path cuts across Alaska, North of the Kamchatka Pen. down through China etc. That sure isn't an easy path.

Can hear them on 20 CW about S2 and they are really knocking off the EU's. That should make this a good DXpedition for them. I can hear a lot of "UP UP UP" on the frequency and don't believe they are from U.S. stations. I don't hear the EU's so would bet they are from the Far East.

Before you ask yes I have worked them, 20 CW/30 CW and could hear them on 80 this morning but couldn't bust the JA wall.