To: "'DX-CHAT'" <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] Gentlemen HAM'S

Years ago there was no DX Cluster network that announced to the world
the instant the rare DX appeared and on what frequency.

Also, in the old days, there was no "implied guarantee" of a QSO, or
multiple band-mode QSOs, with each DXpedition.  You had to tune, tune
tune, be in the right place at the right time and hope propagation
was favorable.  Sometimes luck played a role, too.  Now, if someone
doesn't work a DXpedition, they start insulting the operators (or
QRMing the operation) for ignoring their part of the world.

Maybe we need to involve the cable TV industry in Dxpeditions to
provide the technology for "on-demand" QSOs :.)

73,
Barry W2UP