From: Juan Manfredi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Jul 12, 2006 11:08 AM
Subject: CW operators needed.
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear Mr. Colwell:

I am a medical student at the University of Pittsburgh, who is currently
conducting a summer research project in the laboratory of Dr. Fiez. She is a
professor in both the Psychology and Neuroscience departments.

A focus of our lab involves gaining a better understanding of language and
memory processing.  We have recently turned to Morse code as a potential
investigating tool due to its unique linguistic properties. Consequently,our
lab is examining the differences between processing Morse code and speech in
a simple memory task.

As you may already know, it is not easy to find people who are proficient
in Morse code.  For this reason, we believe that the Greater Pittsburgh VHF
Society may be a valuable resource that can help us recruit people with this
rare skill.  Your involvement would create a unique opportunity to
investigate this unexplored area of research.

We would greatly appreciate it if you would circulate this information to
all of your members. Participants will be compensated 25 dollars, and will
also be refunded for parking.  They will be asked to hear and remember
letters.  The duration of the study is approximately one hour and thirty
minutes. If there is interest, we can discuss any further details. Thank you
for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Dalia Balsamo
718 LRDC