Cc: <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 9:42 PM
Subject: RE: [DX-CHAT] directional calling by DXers?

As DX, I almost never worry with prop forcasts or even with what area of the
world is coming in....  I just work those I can hear and know that is all
anyone can do even if equipped with the best prop forcasting software.

Call by numbers and work what u can hear..... very simple actually.  73

Charles Harpole,  HS0ZCW
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----------------------------
Charles, If everybody followed that rule, some corners of the world would
never have a chance to work a rare one.
They will just be covered up up strong signals from places with excellent
propagation.

A common mistake by some Dx.peditioneers is to say " we worked Europe for 4
hours ".
While that may be true, it usually means they worked Southern Europe or
Central as far north as DL/OZ, while we up
north did not have chance. The Auroral zone makes a big difference here in
Scandinavia. I guess those down under
may have a similar situation.

So the best is to be aware of these and other regional differences  IMHO

73

" RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.

For more information about Telemark take a look at :
www.telemarksnett.no/en/index.html