It never fails to amaze me how poorly some ops send QSL requests although I
will acknowledge and understand that some new HF ops may not yet understand how
to QSL a DX station (hence the ones sent as postcards and homebrew QSLs made
from marker pen or typed). Most DXpeditions have a website which give specific
QSL instructions and while there are some (maybe many) ops who do not have
internet, most DXpeditions also repeatedly give QSL instructions on the air.
VO2 Zone 2 isn't a rare DX location, may not even qualify for "uncommon"
status, but it still costs a lot of money to get there and operate from there.
Yet there are those who think it is the DX stations' responsibility to send a
QSL card under all conditions and at their expense merely upon sending their
QSL requests. Many or even most of these are serious and experienced DXers with
1x2 or 2x1 Extra callsigns or "DXCC", "WAZ", or even "5BDDXCC" on their cards,
so have been around the block for a few years. What are they thinking?

73 de Fred K2FRD, VO2FS

PS - Thanks for the opportunity to blow off some steam. I have a pile of buro
cards sitting on my desk to which I still need to respond.

--
73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD, VO2FS
http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/K2FRD.html