CW will still be the mode of choice for many of our radio amateurs regardless of the test requirements. Through the years many who successfully copied the 13 wpm required never did operate CW for reasons of their own. Rather than being a demise....look at the "Fists" organization which in a few years has many thousands of members. When the FOC which is a CW only organization has their "Marathon" weekend the bands come alive with signals.

As Ron states " CW is an acquired taste "....those that embrace it are like musicians with their own signature styles.

73   Norm  K1AA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "DX-Chat" <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:29 PM
Subject: RE: [DX-CHAT] VU7LD

Sorry you feel that way Lou. However, I think you're grossly mistaken. If
anything, I think the opposite will occur.

Those who continue to operate on CW will do so because they enjoy it, not
because they're trying to get their code speeds up to pass a test.  It
follows then that if it is enjoyed, it will maintain at least some modicum
of popularity.

CW is an acquired taste. Not everyone acquires it. It took me a long time
to really settle down and enjoy it.  I actually find that lately I spend
much more time cruising the exclusive CW sub-bands for DX and ragchews than
I do the Phone 'bands.  Never in a googleplex of nanoseconds thought that
would happen!

73