Any suggestions on where to get good coax at a reasonable price without
waiting 5 weeks for Dayton?

Preferably Beagle-proof?

The puppy destroyed my spliced in section today... and dug up and chewed up
most of the ~60' RG8X run.  I am not a happy camper.  My daughter has
pleaded for mercy, so I haven't done something unmentionable to the pup...
yet.  (I have decided, though, that Lucy's last name must have been "Fur"
before... think about it)

I may have enough laying around to do a temporary replacement (and it's
going to be placed on the OUTSIDE of the fence this time... I kept it at
ground level to keep it stealth, I never figured on this!) which would make
this a moot point.  If not, then I have to decide whether to get a temporary
fix (RadioWorks has a nice deal on-line on a 100' section of RG-8X with
connectors for under $30) and wait for Dayton, or just bite the bullet & get
something done now.  I'm just so used to shopping at Dayton or at the
Breezeshooter's hamfest for coax needs that I'm at a bit of a loss as to
where to start looking.  Yes, you can find coax everywhere, but until you
get your hands on it, you don't always know what you're buying and how much
it truly is.

So much for N8S.  I wonder if I'll even get a shot at BS7H this time around?
Maybe someone is trying to tell me something...

And, no, I can't afford 50 ohm hardline right now.  Tempting as it is.

Any suggestions welcome.

73, ron w3wn