Boris, I think this one is the proper one for this situation:

a) Mixed (general type): Contacts may be made using any mode since
November 15, 1945.

You can't get credit for your "phone" DXCC or "CW" DXCC, but you can
get credit for mixed.  Cross mode CW/Phone counts as "any mode".

Good to know.  I was really itching to call HZ1IK on CW last night
when he was coming in well on phone on  7080, but after reading the
"cross-mode doesn't count for DXCC" comments around here, I held back.

Next time ;-)

By the way, cross mode CW (me) to SSB (big guns) works really well on
VHF since all I have is a 5 element yagi at 9m high on the chimney and
50 watts...

Dan