Rag,
But ARRL made it cricket!

73, Goran, 4N4AE (T98G)

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad
  To: dx-chat@njdxa.org
  Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 10:34 AM
  Subject: RE: [DX-CHAT] "Stupid" countries" (formerly BS7H thoughts)

  That is not cricket !!!  hi

  rag  la5he
    -----Original Message-----
    From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of DAVE WHITE
    Sent: 11. mai 2007 10:07
    To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
dx-chat@njdxa.org

    Off the coast of Dover there's a sandbank called Goodwin Sands.  It's a
shifting and treacherous sandbank that lies just below the surface of the water
and has claimed many shipwrecks over the years.

    Goodwin Sands only rises above the sea at a couple of very low "spring"
tides each year.  ONE ONE OF THESE OCCASIONS EACH YEAR, LOCALS GO AND PLAY AN
ANNUAL CRICKET MATCH ON THE SANDS.

    Now THAT'S what I call REASONABLE for a hobby!

    Dave G0OIL

    "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      At 03:45 PM 5/10/2007, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
      >failing to meet any reasonable standard for acceptance - it
      >should have never been added under any objective rule set.

      Errrr, uhhhh, hold on a minute. Who, supposedly in his right mind,
      but NOT holding an amateur radio operators license would think that
      ANY DX-Pedition is reasonable? Who gets to define reasonable? As
      long as no laws are broken, and the participants act voluntarily,
      isn't reasonable anything we want to do? Some people jump out of
      airplanes, or off of high bridges with stretchy rubber tied to their
      ankles. I wouldn't do it, I think they are nuts, but they make their
      own rules, just like we make ours. Reasonable is a very subjective
      term. Personally, I don't think that BS7 should have been made a new
      entity, but, apparently a majority of those interpreting the DXCC
      rules thought it qualified.

      73,
      Mike, W5UC

      "age & treachery will overcome youth & skill"
      http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/w5uc/

    Denne mail er blevet scannet for virus af TDC Mailfilter.

  Jeg bruker gratisversjonen av SPAMfighter.
  Den har inntil videre fjernet 1444 spamposter.
  Privatbrukere får SPAMfighter gratis!
  Prøv gratis SPAMfighter PRO her.

  http://www.eset.com