----- Original Message ----- From: "nick cominos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Nick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 9:22 PM
Subject: none

The Amateur's Code
by Paul M. Segal, W9EEA (1928)

     The Radio Amateur is:
CONSIDERATE never knowingly operating in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.

LOYAL offering loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.

PROGRESSIVE with knowledge abreast of science, a well built and efficient station, and operation beyond reproach.

FRIENDLY with slow and patient operation when requested, friendly advice and counsel to the beginner, kindly assistance, co-operation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.

BALANCED Radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school or community.

PATRIOTIC with station and skill always ready for service to country and community

The enemy does not understand the dichotomy of our society, but they should understand this; we will bandage our wounds, we will bury our dead; and then we will come for you . . . and we will destroy you and all you stand for.

Brian Shul, Air Force SR71 pilot