I think "soon" is a relative term. According to the US Treasure press
release (
http://www.moneyfactory.gov/newmoney/main.cfm/media/releases5_082107) while
there is a new $5 to be released on 20 September of this year (to go into
circulation in 2008), " The $100 bill will be the next denomination to be
redesigned after the $5 bill is issued in early 2008. "  Sounds like it's
going to be a while until the new $100s are in circulation.

--
73,
     David, K2DBK