At 08:54 PM 10/6/2007, Peter Dougherty wrote:

Think how the ops in South America and the Caribbean must feel! Not to mention VK/ZL.

Cheers,

Peter,
W2IRT

Agreed Peter, and that's why I think it should be by continent or geographical area. A lot of time they say "Central and South America" or send SA.

I don't know about VK/ZL, those being the antipodal point, more or less from here. I guess I'd favour "Oceania only" as opposed to VL/ZL, as my original point was DXpeditions shouldn't single out one or two countries. Anyhow, in the end we usually all get at least 1 QSO if the DXpedition lasts a week or two.

The killers are the rare ones that only come on for a few days. And Murphy's Law dictates that there will be a geomagnetic storm if the DXpedition is short and the demand is high. :-)

73/DX Paul VE!DX