> I'm with you,
> personally - that there was a valid license was in force before that
> date,

Presumably there is strong suspicion or proof of 1kW operation prior
to the cancellation, so I think it makes sense to invalidate the whole
operation.

Otherwise it'd be like saying all P5/N3OX contacts before they caught
me and put me in jail would be valid even though I never had operating
permission...

100W power limit in A5, eh?  Makes me nostalgic for 2000 conditions on
17 and 15m ... just looked up my A52A Q's

73,
Dan