On Sat, 22 Dec 2007, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:

Word is that they're using an FT-1000MP and an FT-2000MP.  They have an amp
(a "Fin Fet" which I've never heard of before).  And their antenna system is
all verticals.

Sounds like something custom made for Martti? You sure it's not "Finn FET"? :-)

Superb signal, and Ollie and Martti are exactly what you'd expect them to be
(although their splits do tend to be a touch wide for my tastes, but what do
I know?)

73

The 40m CW splits haven't been too bad. Last night they were transmitting on 7004 and the lowest I heard them work was 7006 (me), the highest was 7015 with the average being between 7007 and 7013. I don't think 6 kHz is too much to demand for an operation of this magnitude.

I just thought of an interesting question. We all have experienced the "DX cops" who chide people who QRM or transmit on the DX frequency. I wonder if these DX cops are people who haven't worked them yet - in other words, does a particular DX cop disappear once he's worked them in the pileup? Food for thought on a drizzly, foggy day ...

73, Zack W9SZ