that's quite common when someone loose the control of the pile-up. He or she try nothing and everything to go ahead... and sometime he/she just pick up the bigest signal even it doesn't fit with the rule that he/she trying to run....

HAMRADIO is a big game.... don't forget this. Even if at the other side the operator is not at the top... he or she's there and you are sitted on your chair in a confortable shack...
Let to the beginner a chance to improve their skill.

Flo F5CWU

Dan Zimmerman N3OX a écrit :
I have to temper my outrage at the pileups on TI9KK a little bit after
listening to the operation on 17m SSB today.

I came in when she was listening for 2's.  She worked them for 20
minutes or so and then just started taking any callers for a while.

After about a half hour of that she called for EU only EU only, I'm
sure much to the relief of some EUs.  There were about 5 million EU
callers on her listening frequency as I heard it (I'm a little closer
to EU than TI9 is but I digress)

After working three to five EU stations she then called "only American
stations #1 please"

She's worked about 6 #1 stations and is now back to #2.  Good day to
be a #2 ;-)... though she just took a 4... and another one.  Then a 3,
now another 4.   Aaaand an 8.  And another 4.  And a 9.  Clearly back
to taking everyone.

I'm not whining because I'm a 3, don't worry...

Now I have heard this on plenty of other DX operations as well, I'm
not picking on TI9KK... but it's really going to make the pileup super
stupid to go back and forth between working numbers and not.

I don't think anyone should work by the numbers, but if you have to
you have to go through all of them at least once before you go back to
taking anyone.  I can just see the steam coming out of the EU's ears
right now...

So, to be fair,  the mess is coming from both sides

Dan