I have a dilemma and would like opinions on this item, please:

I am vy minor DX but get large EU pile ups anyway (likely due to boredom, no
one else to call that moment).

Due to EU calling practices, I must use split, and feel guilty about using two
freqs. on the band.

Thus, I use one listening frequency.  But, after a few minutes of working the
REALLY LOUD, most

of the ten to twenty callers are all the same strength and I can not get more
than one letter.

I am loath to ask for a 5kc spread of listening freqs, or even more, due to
guilt cited above.

Thus, then I resort to calling by numbers, a practice so many dislike.

What is the best op practice in this situation?  tnx 73,
Charles Harpole  HS0ZCW

[EMAIL PROTECTED]