Correct me if I'm wrong but the purpose of studying is
not to memorize 738 answers but to have a good working
knowledge of the material?  The number of
questions/answers in the question pool have no bearing
on what you "should" know... To me that is the sole
purpose of studying.

With that said.. spend more time reading/understanding
the material.  The depth of knowledge should be that
so  when reading ANY question you should know how to
produce the correct answer.

Start by reading the Extra text 2-3 times before
worrying about the questions.  Get familiar with the
information.  Then take a sample test to determine
what you know.  Then it is read/test... read/test...
read/test...

Once you see you are able to get a passing grade then
wait a day or so the take a test.  See how you do.  If
you get a passing grade then you are more than likely
ready to take the official exam.

Once you are getting close try this... start with
closed book test.  Then take 2 open book tests. Finish
with a closed book test.  Do that for 2 weeks and you
are almost guaranteed to pass your exam.

Good luck.

73;
Kurt - W2MW
ARRL VE

--- RUSSELL KELLAM JR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Would like to hear from recent Extra Class upgrades
> and their methods of
> stuy for the exam. I have the a study book and
> software for the new question
> pool. The thought of memorizing 738 answers to
> questions is very
> intimidating to say the least. Would really like
> advice on study methods.
> Tnx & 73 Russ W4UBC
>

> Subscribe/unsubscribe, feedback, FAQ, problems
> http://njdxa.org/dx-chat

> dx-chat@njdxa.org
>
> This is the DX-CHAT reflector sponsored by the NJDXA
>
> http://njdxa.org

Kurt W. Zimmerman
My Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kurtwzimmerman