I purchased a Cushcraft R7000 (I can hear the gallery going UGH!! NO!!!
IDIOT!!!) for $40.00.  Like most of the comments on the 8 pages of threads
on eham.net state, it has some "issues."  It worked flawlessly on 10 and 12
meters.  The minute I went to 15 the problems became painfully obvious.

I've taken all three traps apart.  I've found that one coil was broken and
needs to be rewrapped in CT-2.  And what looks like a floating capacitive
type of network in CT-1 (which is probably the culprit of the warble that
many Hams seem to have experienced) was mounted with a pop rivet that is
extremely loose causing it to "wiggle."

I'm fairly confident that I can make this "thing" work as it should have
been designed in the first place.  I'll take some pictures as I go along and
send them to you when I'm done.  I have the feeling that the Cushcraft team
new the company was going to be sold to MFJ and just got as much out the
door as they possibly could before that happened.  MJF is totally useless
based on what I've read on the forums regarding this antenna.

Wish me luck

Bob - KZ2T