Father Joseph Cavanagh V63JC, is alive and well, at 78 years old, and living on
the island of Pohnpei in the Pacific. He also has his own parish on the island
of Kosrae, also in the Pacific, which his brother Denis, assures me, Fr. Cav
only gets to several times a year. Cav, as he was known back then, has given up
amateur radio for probably over 10 years now, due to problems with the high
humidity of the island affecting his equipment to the point that it has been
returned to the states, and is with Cav's brother Denis, mentioned above,
living in CT.

Cav does have his health problems, but definitely has a positive outlook toward
being around to do his work for a long time to come, and only has difficulty
with making the long flights to return to the US. I guess the shorter flights
between the islands are tolerated well.

I had the pleasure of speaking to Denis yesterday afternoon, after a long pause
in finding my notes with his address and number. Cav is using an Apple
computer, and it seems was not able to get a Christmas letter out this past
Holiday Season. He is also active on Skype with his brother, and perhaps some
of the other relatives here in this area, rather very early in the morning, due
to the time differences (NYC Metro relatives).

An email address I have yet to verify given by Denis goes this way:
joe...@fm.mail . One of the long time nuns assisting him, Dursco(?) is at
dwill...@aol.com  (Pardon my spelling; I'd have to find some old letters and
notes to check for the proper spelling of her name!)

So I hope this provides a little insight into what we know of Cav today: it
sounds like he gave up radio, and let his license(s) lapse, preferring email
and now Skype. Denis also verified for me that the school, P.A.T.S., of which
Cav was once the "headmaster"(?) is no longer operating, but the Jesuits still
keep the building for various gatherings when a place is needed.

73 all,

Dennis, W2IU
w...@msn.com