While I recognize that there are some very well equiped stations, as regards
tweaking up those low band antennas, and I envy some of those who have been
able to erect those 80M beams and the technical abilities that show up on 160M,
the bulk of the people who I've found enjoying both local and dx qso's are
using antennas simpler than beams, quads, and other very directional antennas:
you don't see very many rhombics put up by us hams, and I especially admire
ON4UN, John Devoldere's treatment of low band dxing. Sure I agree that one can
put together a directional, phased vertical array, not all of us have the real
estate to do it. So while I appreciate your thoughts, I have to go with what
I've seen with many of my friends, that the statement I made is, for the most
part, true. (And I presume, you have no problem with my statement regarding 40M
w/o broadcast stations?).

73, Dennis, W2IU