At 05:25 PM 7/9/2011, you wrote:

This what I love so much about DXCC. I worked ST0 years ago and will have to waste the time doing it again on a bunch of bands. At some point, this becomes silly.

Don/K1VSK

Many of us are in the same situation, Don. My feeling is that it is a good thing. As DXers, there is no better thrill than when you send or say your call and the DX comes back to you. Wow! It's like fishing. You sit there all day and then you get a strike. That's what you go fishing, and why you are a DXer. To catch another one.

We won't have any trouble getting them if the planned operation (multiple stations with gain antennas and amps) sets up there for 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to it. Sure, we worked the same geographical location in 1990 or whenever, but it's now a different political entity and essentially a new country. The FS and all 4 PJs of the past few years made a lot of excitement. If we never got any new ones, it wouldn't be much fun. What is a person going to do with the gear? Become a contester?

73, Paul VE1DX