>  When they were united , we worked Germany again.

No, the former West Germany remained as the "counter" for the unified
Germany.

> I wonder if we are going to have to work both Sudans again. Only the
> DXAC knows.

Just the "new" South Sudan.

DXCC 2000 rules do not allow a deleted country to ever be "undeleted" -
the "new" entity must be "new" even if it represents the same territory
and same government as the entity that was deleted.   Another case of
"rules" not reflecting reality (just like 800 miles not meaning 800
miles).

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV