I Mostly agree,
BUT  best way to eliminate most of the heavy pile-up problems is to SPREAD it
larger  as possible
i.e.  CW -  TX on .025  & RX  UP - higher as possible & usse the jump lsn  .032
 then .044 then 059 & back etc.....
its verry bad when DX  usse so called "DRIVE"  move step by step UP & then
down - then everybody know where DX is lsn & all pile-up is focused in just few
KHz & QRM is too heavy , while other - midle freq  are  mostly empty with few
callers.
same on SSB , its verry hard for both sides if  DX stn  lsn 200-210 - QRM is
too heavy & focused in just few KHz
 its much better  to usse 200-250  FULL CALL PLEASE &  usse the jumping allso.
In this case:
- there will be not much stations calling on same  freq  - so NOT much QRM-ers,
- trying to find where DX is lsn. to give a call is not much productive & just
loosing of  time
- giving full call on SSB will produce more uniq CALL's in DX LOG

However MOST IMPORTANT is to LISTEN & LISTEN what DX stn. saying (keying)!
 IF DX  say  2ZM?  -  ALL others QUIET - If You do so - then QSO with 2ZM will
finish verry soon & You will have chance to work the DX too - before CONDX
gone, otherwise You just can go to the black list of  DX operator & He will try
to ESCAPE QSO with You.

JA's  ALLWAYS  IMPRESS Me with their discipline!

HAVE NICE DAY &  ENJOY THE DX-ing !

Stay Tuned on SIX!!!
73 , GL & DX !!!           de:  Mome Z32ZM , AH6ZM, 3D2ZM