Many LP's, my box of novice QSL's and logs. But I will never forget that
QSO/QSL. Parents didn't believe me until you sent that QSL! Thanks, Tony

73, Gary K7ZD

On 8/13/2011 11:48 AM, Tony W4FOA wrote:
Hi Gary,
Small world...THAT guy was me!  I'm guessing the QSL card you have was the
bright red with large white letters?
I would often go up in the Novice bands and work the newcomers.  I believe a
lot of them probably didn't know where EL2AD was located, hi.
Thanks for the QSO and QSL Gary.
73
Tony, W4FOA
(ex EL2AD, ex 7Q7AA, ex PY1ZBA, etc)

-----Original Message-----
From: kf...@njdxa.org [mailto:kf...@njdxa.org] On Behalf Of Gary
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2011 2:24 PM
Cc: dx-chat@njdxa.org
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] Looking back at your first logs

Jim, great memories.. was calling CQ as WN8JPE on a cold Ohio evening in
winter of 63. Guy came back to me over and over but I never heard such a
strange call. He was determined to work me and kept calling. It was
EL2AD in Liberia! My parents and schoolmates were aghast when I showed
em' the QSL 73, Gary K7ZD