I don't really buy that argument. In the last days of a DXpedition,
they're usually begging.

Those who couldn't make a QSO probably couldn't make a QSO on a
completely clear band anyway. There is only so much you can work with
a dipole and 100 watts.

And finally, DXing is competitive.You can be a good sport but you
don't have to put yourself at a disadvantage to make others feel
better.

Ryan, N2RJ

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <w...@subich.com> wrote:

> I think KQ8M's first comment in response to G7VJR's editorial is
> on point.  Clublog's "Leaderboards" should be modified to stop
> counting at 11 "band slots."  11 (or 12 if the operation works
> six meters) allows a station to work the operation on each band
> plus pick up QSOs on CW, Digital, and voice.
>
> Quite frankly, in spite of falling prey to the seduction of high
> leaderboard numbers a time or two myself, anyone who shows up with
> more than 14 or 15 band slots is simply a DX HOG.  There is simply
> no excuse for such behavior.
>
> N1DG's presentation at Dayton clearly showed the DX HOGs do not
> provide increased support (contributions with QSL) relative to
> the number of band slots worked ... even the "more QSOs mean more
> revenue" argument falls flat.
>
> 73,
>
>  ... Joe, W4TV
>

> On 6/5/2012 2:54 PM, Paul M Dunphy wrote:
>>

>> G7VJR's point of view (ClubLog creator and T32C participant):
>>
>> http://g7vjr.org/2012/06/expedition-leaderboards-good-or-bad/
>>
>> 73, Paul VE1DX

>> or
>> subscribe dx-chat