I disagree. The last day of the Yemen DXpediition was the first day I heard them well here in Colorado. There were still lots of callers. Fortunately, I didn't need it, so I never got into the pileups.

ARRL created this mess when they expanded DXCC to include individual band awards. There are plenty of little guns and those who don't live in propagationally-favorable locations left out in the cold on many DXpeditions because many guys have the need and are sufficiently bored with their lives to chase them on 15+ band-modes.

Barry W2UP