DX Hogs will be DX Hogs no matter what.  The idea is that they should
not be *encouraged or rewarded* for acting like DX Hogs but publishing
a *Leader Board* as if such behavior made the operator a *champion*.

I like the idea of replacing the Leaderboard matrix with a flat table
that shows each band the DXpedition worked and each mode along a single
line.  Once a station has made QSOs on all 9 (or 10) bands and in all
three modes (CW, Phone, RTTY), their "count" stops increasing.  I'd
even go to the extent that once a station has been worked on all 9
bands and twice on each mode (11 slots) their "Leaderboard" standing
starts to DECREASE.

There is no major operating award that requires working a country on
every band *and* every mode.  To do so with a major DXPedition and in
doing so deny other worthy "competitors" the opportunity to work a
new band *or* a new mode is DX Hoggery.

The European RTTY pile-ups for 7O6T were slopping time on the hog farm
- there is no other way to put it.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV