Yes, just like we microwavers also have our own way of doing things (which
is different again than both being described here). When you have a dish
with 0.5 degree beamwidth pointed at someone, you know who the other
station you hear is going to be, so callsigns are just a formality and
legality.
:-)

73, Zack W9SZ