No Ryan, the League is not a dictatorship.

To answer more generically, and not specifically to you (or just you):

However: If you want change, and are not happy with the current situation with
the Logbook server... kvetching about it on this reflector will not accomplish
anything. And I think that was, in a roundabout way, Charlie's point.

Not to pick on any one individual, but between the various DX & contest related
email reflectors I'm on, and the various web site forums I participate in (I
still owe you a drink at the bar), there do seem to be a handful of people who
are constantly nitpicking at every little detail. Again: I'm not saying that
they're wrong to do so (nor am I saying that they're right to do so, mind you).
I AM saying that they are kvetching in the wrong forum. They've made their
point, and now it becomes piling on.

As I've said before, here and elsewhere: If you don't like the situation, don't
post about it on a forum, or send an email to a reflector. WRITE YOUR DIVISION
DIRECTOR and tell HIM (or HER). Write the
ARRL President and VP's. THEY are the Board of Directors. THEY set policy. Not
the HQ staff (at least on paper). And the policy they set is supposed to be
based on what WE, the membership, tell them.

And I think the recent revelation of new hardware being ordered, with delivery
& installation expected in a few weeks, means that they've heard us. But that
doesn't mean we should stop -- just that we need to voice our opinions in the
right way & to the right people.

But: if we don't tell them... nothing will change.

73, ron w3wn