OK, great idea, and then what? If we believe that the present IT dept isn't being truthful with us, why should we expect that our 'insisting" will change anything? Quite sometime ago I suggested to my director that LoTW be shut down for as long as necessary to achieve a long term solution. IMHO, my only practical choice is to relax and wait. Clearly, pitching a bitch here hasn't worked, and isn't likely to.

73,
Mike, W5UC

Insist on transparency from ARRL.  I have a problem believing
a solution presented as the only option by the same IT department
that allowed LotW to run out of disk space  and crash.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV