> LOTW even at 20 days is a tremendous tool.

I'm not concerned about 20 days for a confirmation.  My concern is
20 days (or more) even before the initial transaction is processed
and I get confirmation that the QSOs are safely in the database.

I'm confident they'll figure this out, it's probably not a hardware
issue only, but the database bogging down under the mountain of data.

I'm confident that it's not a hardware issue - the same hardware could
process 100 QSOs/minute when LotW first went online according to info
I've received privately from those who were there at the time.  I would
bet the storage hardware has not been properly maintained and "tuned"
as the application changed.  New storage hardware is a band-aid ...
nothing more.

LotW will have gone from 200 million QSO records in January 2009 to
more than 470 million by the end of this year - that's over 3,000
QSOs/per hour.  In the last 19 days more than 4.6 million new QSO
records have been added to the database - that's more than 191,000
per day (3,200/hr).  Now if LotW did not have a problem with 3,000
QSO/s per hour average (other than an occasional one or two day
backlog around CQWW and ARRL DX) why does it suddenly have a 20
day delay?

The issue is that ARRL's IT department and management have ignored
the warning signs.  Work should have been in full swing for some
time to upgrade the entire program - not just a storage subsystem
on an emergency basis and "patch" the tQSL interface - with something
designed to handle the size and scope of a modern LotW.  As it is,
Newington still seems to have its collective head buried in the sand.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV