On 12/15/2012 Don Berger wrote:

> Having read most of the comments critical of the time lag, I am reminded of
> the time when it took "forever" to get confirmations via the mail and some
> bureaus.

> This whole issue seems to me to be centered among those who either can't
> recall those days or the younger folks who suffer from what is hopefully not
> a communicable form of the disease knows as instant gratification-itis.

> Don K1VSK

No, looking at it, the biggest noise seems to be among DBAs, programmers,
system designers and the like who are like the engineers at Morton Thiokol  who
were saying 'There is a problem, we need to look into this' and 'I don't think
we should launch', when the folks a bit more removed were saying 'Oh, we
haven't had a failure yet, so what if it isn't working exactly as designed'

The time to FIX things is BEFORE they fail.  Now the ARRL MAY have plans to do
so, but so far, they aren't telling us

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)