SO, please let me ask; what do the complainers expect to accomplish
by continuing to kick this horse?

How about getting others involved in *doing something* about the
problem?  Since the ARRL IT department seems to want to bury its
head in the sand and claims a new storage system will magically
fix all the ills of LotW after doing nothing for three years ...
since ARRL Management wants to spend as little as possible on LotW
and has basically ignored it for six years, how about screaming at
your Director to provide real resources for LotW and DX programs
for a change?

In case folks have forgotten, the DXCC Yearbook is no longer being
mailed to each participant for free.  DXCC fees went up this year,
LotW fees went up this year (for those who generally purchased in
bulk), etc.  DX and contest related programs have been getting the
short end of the stick for a lot of years ... this is one place
that the line needs to be drawn.  Fix LotW - stop giving it lip
service.

Instead of a clear and well researched diagnosis after appropriate
tests and consultation, this patient who is slipping into a coma is
being told "take this expensive pill and call me in six months if
you don't improve."

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV