Blaming the ARRL IT staff for the problem is pointless.  I've dealt with
them in the past on issues.  They are doing the best they can with what
resources they have been given.

To use a poor analogy:  This is akin to blaming the ditch digger for using a
shovel, when a backhoe would be faster.  The ditch digger would rather have
a backhoe as well, but it's all he was issued.  Or, it's akin to blaming the
line crew working on a downed power line for taking 2 hours to arrive
instead of 15 minutes, when it was the power company's management that
consolidated the local maintenance garages into one central one 25 miles
away, and then reduced the staff levels due to "redundancy" and
"efficiency."

As I have said here and elsewhere:  If you don't like the situation -- and I
don't like it either -- complaining here is pointless.  If you are an ARRL
member, complain to your Division Director.  The Division Directors make up
the ARRL Board, and they are SUPPOSED to listen to the membership -- that's
us, and remember, WE are the League, not the Board, not the HQ staff, but
US, the members.  If we don't tell them we're concerned, and that we want
something done... nothing will happen.

Further, considering that in the recent past...

-- the design bug has been discovered and fixed, so no more mysterious loss
of logs
-- the update process is now more transparent, as new tools are available to
track upload processing
-- new hardware is on order
-- the "Trusted QSL" open source project is being reopened (that's the
programming that is at least part of the LotW system), and C++ developers
are being sought to help -- and if you don't believe me on that or you
didn't get the email, just ask AA6YQ

... I'd say that the Directors ARE hearing our concerns, and that they ARE
telling the HQ staff to devote more resources to the system, and that things
ARE moving along.  Maybe not as fast as we want, but they ARE in progress.

It may not be ideal.  It's a start.

So insulting the people "in the trenches" working on the system does little
to no good.  Kvetching about things here may blow off steam & make you feel
better, but does little good.

You want something done?  Contact your Division Director.  And keep
contacting him (or her).

73, ron w3wn