Folks,

For what it's worth...I just got off the phone with my local postal folks, and
they faxed me a note from the Newark NJ Stamp Distribution office, which states
that there is a Postal bulletin concerning IRCS, which states, "The Postal
Service will no longer redeem IRC's issued prior to 2002.  Anyone having these
must return them to their correspondents in the country of issue for redemption
there."

Now, that being said, and the discussion of the apparent differences between
this and the UPU, I'm trying to :

-find this bulletin for clarity

-I've asked the post office for an explanation of WHY the sudden change (in
1975, I'm told (wasnt doing QSLs then) that there was a grace period before the
real old ones were no longer valid)

-Ask the UPU why their document apparently contradicts the USPS bulletin.

I'm going to get to the end of this, as I'm sitting on some of these,
but....until I do, just wanted to let you know that there appears to be
'official' paper out there that says these things may be good for starting
fires.

Also, if you've got them, I'd recommend not sending them to managers, as this
may get dicey.

If anyone has a post office that still takes them, maybe we can do a deal?!?!?!

73