On behalf of Urb, myself and everyone behind the scenes, here at DXR
Central, we'd like to wish you and yours a Happy Healthy Holidays and
New Year.

It's hard to believe that 2006 is almost over, but the calendar
Never lies.

Despite some poor showing (sunspot wise), the bands have been filled
with new and exciting DX to work.  Amateur radio was seen as
a literally life saver during several past disasters.

As always, now is the time of year when we should pause and remember
those amateurs and friends who have gone QRT.  Unfortunately, those
amateurs coming up through the ranks of DXCC will never get to really
know DX'ers like my friends Howie Wolfe, W2AGW (391) or my close
friend and DX Elmer, Ben Friedland, K2PBP/K2BF. It was people like
these that put the DX fever in me and I am sure others as well.  And
although they are gone, I still remember them when I log that "new
one" and do my little DX "I got 'em" dance, because I know they were
the same way.

As you may or may not know, The NJDXA DXR reflector is/will be over
8 years old.  (1 dog year)

For those new to the reflector (subscribing over the past year) a
brief history lesson, the original DX reflector was started and
run by Lyndon, VE7TCP and was a bold, exciting concept that
incorporated the Internet and Ham radio.  Literally 1000's of
amateurs world-wide subscribed and were kept informed on a daily
basis on the doings of DX everywhere.

Discussion was allowed and in the beginning was encouraged, as a
way to keep the free flow of things DX going.  Unfortunately, as is
now the rule, the reflector was taken over by a dozen or so people
who felt that they must challenge every post with opinions that at
times became very nasty.

In late May, 1997, Lyndon pulled the plug, leaving a void.  Then
NJDXA President, Ben Friedland (K2BF), Urb Lajeune (W2DEC)
and myself, began a campaign within the club to sponsor the
reflector ourselves.

On August 20, 1997, withy the help of many behind the scene friends,
Urb threw the switch and history was made.  Unfortunately, our dear
friend, K2BF, passed away on August 3 and never saw the moment, but
his contribution was what set the format we have today.  Offer DX-
NEWS and limit the "chat" so that everyone can benefit.

And we have followed that format, for the most part.  Yet, there
still was that "chat" void.

To fill that void DX-CHAT will be started.  What is DX-
Chat, you ask??  Well, here ya go......

The (DX-chat) is for the "unmoderated" discussion of things DX.
 Try to keep QSL requests to the DX-QSL list.  Try to keep the
discussion lively and informative.  Remember, this list is world wide
in scope and continual local gripes exclude many who might
participate.

There are a few rules and we ask that they be observed.  There will
be several people monitoring the list just to make sure that there
are no problems, technical or otherwise.

No profanity.  Any profanity will cause instant and permanent
deletion from the list.  We all know the words, there is no need to
prove that to everyone. This includes replying to a post that has
profanity.  You use, you lose. There are no exceptions to this rule

No flames.  Discussion should and will be conducted on a friendly
basis in keeping with the ARS code of promoting good will.  If you
feel that you must flame someone, do so direct.  Concurrently, please
refrain from "Take this someplace else" replies.

Do not cross post to or from the DXR reflector.  The purpose of this
"discussion" is to move the continually discussion that takes place
on the DXR elsewhere.

A rule of thumb has been..The 1st post is NEWS, everything after that
is CHAT.

There are digest versions or archives available.

Those that remember the VE7TCP list will remember the great success
of the auxiliary VK0IR reflector during the Heard Island DX-pedition.

Just a brief bit of history on what hopefully seems to be an action
packed DX weekend (come on Bernie...leak a little news here  ;-0 )