Date sent:      Mon, 13 May 2013 14:34:55 -0500
From:   K1XN <gol...@gmail.com>
Subject:        [GOLIST] Heard Island
To:     GOLIST REFLECTOR <gol...@yahoogroups.com>, WTDXA <wt...@yahoogroups.com>
Send reply to:  gol...@gmail.com

We wish to announce that the expedition to Heard Island has been rescheduled
for January,
2015. The primary reason for this decision was the cost of using the preferred
vessel, the
Marion Dufresne to put the team on Heard Island for the required time. In spite
of extensive
negotiations and rescheduling of the cruise, it became clear that the cost of
using this vessel
will exceed $1 million, and therefore the total cost for the project would be
about $1.5 million,
as we noted earlier. In spite of our plan to increase the team size to 50
(which the M-D can
accommodate) to partially cover this cost, we reluctantly concluded that
sponsorship at this
level would be impossible. We have therefore decided to delay the expedition to
January,
2015, to allow more time to restructure the project, locate a more suitable
vessel, and bring
the cost more in line with projected available resources.

--
 John K1XN / WT4DX
 The Golist

or