Hi all
With all the recent discussion on logging errors, I discovered this on one
current operation's website.....

"PLEASE NOTE:
A number of stations have sent e-mails saying that their call is wrong 'by
one letter' in the log, and could we change it.
The short answer is no.
Getting a good qso is your responsibility at the time you work VP8SDX. If
your call, for whatever reason, does not get logged correctly, then you'll
need to make another qso.
This may sound harsh but it is also fair. Indeed, before DXpeditions were
supported by on-line logs, you never got a second chance to get a good
contact like you're getting now :-) "

That's their rules and if you wish to work them and get a QSL. Different
DXpedtions have different rules and views.

Consider this........... If a DXpedtion works 100,000 contacts and there is
a 0.1% logging or transcribing error rate(and I don't think that is
unrealistic given tired operators, lack of sleep, lack of food, and raging
pileups), the result is that around 100 guys in the DX community are not
going to get the contact that they know for sure they made, confirmed.

The point of all this is that  it's not a perfect world. Nothing is going to
change and if you make the perfect QSO for your all time new one, you may
not get your all time new one because of someone else's mistake. And that's
DXing!

If you wish to flame me please reply to me directly. I simply put this up
for discussion.

73
Lee  ZL2AL - ZL7AA, ZL8RI, ZL9CI, VE3OE

If you want finite limits - Try WAS or WAZ.
If you want a challenge - Try DXCC.
The wall starts around 300
P5 is number 334!