Just a point of clarification, which I made some time ago but it bears repeating...the
video from PW0S is not the professional quality video that you may have seen from some
DXpeditions, but rather a video that was taken by the team to document their
operation, and give the DX community an opportunity to see what the operation was
like, and what the DXCC country is like.  When you see on the video how equipment is
brought from the boat to the Island, you will both get a feel for the challenge the
team that braved the elements to activate PW0S undertook, as well as why they didn't
lug a professional video operation with them.

Frankly,  as Bill W9VA stated earlier, PW0S was a grass roots, low budget operation to
one of the rarest and most difficult unihabitable pieces of rock in the world.
Well-used equipment was scrounged together from many sources, laptops were borrowed,
favors were called-in.

To me, this is a lot of what DX'ing is all about.  I just wish that the team would
have captured on video some of the pictures while they layed at anchor awaiting 30
foot seas to subside (and realize, they were at anchor in a 49 foot boat!).  Still
pictures I have seen show the water 'blowing up thru' the area that they had to land!

The video is about 10 minutes in length, and gives a good flavor of what the PY team
went thru to give many folks a new one or a new band/mode.

73 Steve KU9C

Steve Wheatley KU9C
PO Box 5953
Parsippany NJ  07054-6953  (yes, the -6953 is correct!)
U.S.A.

Phone:  973.644.5111
Fax:    973.644.5053

email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]