>From Robert, S53R/YA5T

      YA5T has not been much on the air during the past week due to work
      commintments. It really is hard to get on the radio after working for
      18 hours and you have to be up at 7 o'clock in the morning  - day
      after day. However, since our last report we have hit over 17,000
      QSOs.

      FIrst US contact on 80 also came through. I bet you know who that was!
      Bob, W6RJ - and it was on SSB long path. Bob serves as a beacon every
      day,hi! In folowing days N7UA nad W6KW were also worked CW with very
      good sigs. Don't forget we are using 100W and a piece of wire.

      160 is going well with some 400 Qs, but no US so far. ICOM America is
      sponsoring a PW1 kilowatt amplifier, so I hope we are getting closer
      and closer to YA - North America contact!

      Mark, ON4WW, left Kabul today and will do some ground work for WFP in
      the next weeks in northern part of the country. Peter, ON6TT, was here
      for 2 days, but just too busy to do any radio. I stay for another 3
      weeks and promise to be on bands as much as possible.

      So, CU in the next days from 160-10.

      73 Robert, S53R / YA5T

Steve Wheatley KU9C
PO Box 5953