For those who do not receive the ARRL Letter, this is what was sent out this morning.

Tam/ WB2TT

***********************************************************************8
==>YT1AD SAYS "NEVER AGAIN!" TO FUTURE P5 DXPEDITION ATTEMPTS

The Daily DX this week reported additional details about the recent aborted
effort by noted DXer Hrane Milosevic, YT1AD, to operate from North Korea.
Milosevic described his visit there as "a thrill," but said the DXpedition
was thwarted when military personnel intervened. He indicated that he would
not make any further attempts to operate from North Korea--now the second
most-wanted DXCC entity after the soon-to-be-activated Ducie Island.

Accompanied by Voja Kapun, YU7AV, Milosevic said he arrived in the North
Korean capital of Pyongyang March 5 and was welcomed by representatives of
the Ministry of Telecommunications and Foreign Affairs.

"We were stationed in Yangakdo Hotel, on the bank of the river with the same
name," he said, according to a translation of e-mail communications provided
Nenad Stevanovic, VE3EXY, provided to The Daily DX. "The hotel has 47
floors, and we were on the 40th floor, with almost ideal conditions for
work. All our equipment was put together, and we were about to start our
operation with the previously assigned call sign, P5A."

The P5A team reportedly had the nod to operate from civilian authorities in
North Korea. Milosevic said a uniformed official appeared unexpectedly and
imposed a ban on the operation until the team got permission from military
authorities as well. That permission was supposed to arrive March 8, "but
nobody showed up, possibly because of a holiday," Milosevic speculated,
adding that he and YU7AV did not want to risk starting up an unauthorized
operation.

"Meanwhile," he added, "we had fun listening to all the pirates pretending
to be us, when we did not make a single contact."

When a military official finally showed up last Sunday, March 10, he simply
said, "No transmission until further notice." At that point, Milosevic said,
he and Kapun had no other choice but to leave North Korea. "After landing in
Beijing, our only comment was, never again!!!" Milosevic said.

North Korea is not out of reach for DXers, but DXCC credit remains elusive.
Ed Giorgadze, P5/4L4FN, of the Republic of Georgia continues to operate from
there as his schedule permits. Giorgadze--who is with the UN World Food
Program--has obtained oral permission to operate, but his operation has not
yet been approved for DXCC credit. More information on P5/4L4FN is on the
AMSAT Net Web site operated by Bruce Paige, KK5DO. P5/4L4FN has been active
on SSB and RTTY.