Joe:

Kure Is is a difficult one to figure out. The last op that I am aware of
is by KH7K/N4BQW in 5/97. Ther was another op in 6/92. I think the call
would have to be KH7/homecall to be legit. It is a nature preserve and
damn near impossible to get permission to go to. I understand that the
restrictions have gotten worse over time. If it were easier to get
permission, I am sure others would have gone there in more recent times.
If someone is going there, it would be announced to the DX world as it is
has been creaping towards the top of the needed llist. It would likely
have to be someone with political pull or someone who can do other
scientific research as part of their visit.  Drop Ed Hartz (ZL4IR) a line
and ask him. He is always looking for a new place to do scientific
research on marine mammals, and has done ZL7, ZL8, ZL9, FO0, FK8, VK8,
VK9, ZK1, 3D2, 5W and a few others in the process of doing his work.  His
QSL manager W8WC can tell you how to get in touch with him.

John Owens -  N7SEJ